Monday, February 18, 2008

Love From an Angry Heart

"Love From an Angry Heart"

She could not show
What she could not feel
And oh how I craved
Her love SO bad


But I soon had to learn
There was no love to give
No love,
Had filled her heart


Her hands full of anger
Her voice full of rage
Her skin tone deep red
Spit filled the words she would say


I begged
I pleaded
With this "God" above
To find this "Mommy"
Some much needed Love


The beatings
The blows
The names I was called
It was the best of her love
She could show me, somehow


Her heart
Full of anger
Her heart
Full of rage

It’s the best
She could do
Is what
She would say


I love you, Mommy
I'd say with my eyes swollen shut
No kiss goodnight again
She must still be mad


Love From an Angry Heart
Is a scary thing
I do hope one day
Maybe, She can forgive me



© Copyright by Kat C. w/ help from Amy D.
February 25, 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment